|Best driver:||Captain Barnacles|
The Gup-A is a multi-purpose vehicle based on an anglerfish and is Captain Barnacles' favorite. Its speed is moderate, but it has a turbo booster can make it go almost as fast as the Gup-B (as seen in The Giant Whirlpool). It is one of the only Gups that appear in the books with a fairly consistent design before the 2010 TV show’s release.
- Standard propeller thrust.
- Advanced control panels to facilitate complete control.
- Real-time navigation system, capable of tracking and predicting the position of objects, crewmates, storms, ocean currents, and geological hazards.
- Object shooter, intended for deploying bait.
- Drooping lamp from the top of the hull to distract or lure creatures and light the path when the waters get dark.
- Turbo Booster like the Gup-B (The Giant Whirlpool).
- Microphone (The Giant Spider Crab).
- Windshield wipers.
- Anglerfish Lamp.
- Flasher to signal when the battery is low (The Midnight Zone).
- Secret storage compartment(books)
- Captain Barnacles (mostly)
- Kwazii (The Eel Ordeal)
- Peso (sometimes)
- Shellington (The Artificial Reef and The Barracudas)
- Dashi (The Urchin Invasion and The Great Barrier Reef)
- Tweak (The Giant Whirlpool)
- Grouber (A Very Vegimal Christmas)
- Tunip and the Vegimals (The Bullfrogs)