|Name:||Shellington Sea Otter|
|Color:||Brown (fur), peach (face)|
Shellington Sea Otter is the Octopod's marine biologist with a Scottish accent. He loves doing field research and working in his lab. He's easily distracted by rare plants and animals and often gets into trouble because of this, but his knowledge is a big help in Octonaut missions. He is very studious about marine life and likes to study all about it in the lab.
Though he may be knowledgeable about marine life, Shellington is a terrible driver and has crashed the GUP-D at least thrice (three times) and the GUP-E at least once, but he will probably soon learn how to drive a GUP properly. When out on missions, he's usually sitting in the back or in the passenger seat, and for that reason. However, he is portrayed as a decent driver in many episodes.
Some of his talents include playing the harp, playing the piano, golfing, drawing (in the books), sleeping during missions, crashing the GUPs, and being humorous.
Just like Tweak, Professor Inkling, and the Vegimals, Shellington appears to sleep where he works, so his room doubles as the ship's lab. The shelves are filled with many different samples that he has collected while out on missions. This is where he is usually found, viewing samples through his microscope. When not in his room, he is also found in his seat up in the HQ where he assists Dashi with the ship's computers. He usually is with Dashi during missions.
Shellington has a sister named Pearl and a little nephew called Periwinkle. Oddly, unlike his sister and nephew, he wears a helmet while diving, like the other Octonauts. He's also allergic to red sea urchins- a delicacy for sea otters which is one reason why he is a member of the Octonauts.
His fur is brown, with some spiky looking fur hanging down over his forehead, and a sand-coloured face. He's normally seen wearing a waterproof satchel and wears a pair of blue boots and a blue hat with the Octonauts logo on it. He's usually seen holding his favourite magnifying glass as well. Of all the Octonauts, he is the only one, other than Peso, who has a mouth that doesn't have a peanut-shaped muzzle. His pyjama outfit includes green plaid slippers and a striped green nightcap with a fluffy pom-pom on the end.
- Deep Sea Suit
- Snow Suit
- "Jumping Jellyfish!"
- "Jumping Comb Jelly!" (The Giant Jelly)
- "Look at this!"
- "Of course!"
- "Of course! I should have known!" (The Mudskippers)
- "Octonauts, to the Jelly Bay!" (The Immortal Jellyfish)
- "You're standing on my foot!" (The Narwhal and The Duck-Billed Platypus)
- "Right away!"
- "I must investigate further." (The Remipedes)
- "Jumping immortal jellyfish!" (The Immortal Jellyfish)
- "Don't worry, I'll get to the tooth, I mean, truth!" (The Cookiecutter Sharks)
- "You're a remipede." (The Remipedes)
- Captain, Kwazii, Peso, What are you do..... What am I......oh! (Octonauts and the Hippos)
- "Right, I'll need my nightcap, oh, I mean my notecap, oh I mean my notebook." (The Immortal Jellyfish)
If you want to see more pictures of Shellington, See Shellington Sea Otter/Gallery
- Shellington seems to fall asleep as he researches day and night at the lab. It was confirmed in Octonauts and The Crab and Urchin. as well as Octonauts and the Jellyfish Bloom.
- Shellington also has a preference for kelp cakes and clam sandwiches. (Octonauts and the Jellyfish Bloom).
- He likes to top his kelp cakes with hot sauce, however too much upsets his stomach. (Octonauts and the Bowhead Whales)
- Shellington seems to get easily distracted and is the worst driver there is on the Octopod. (Octonauts and The Remipedes).
- Shellington is allergic to red sea urchins.
- Shellington is scared of heights, as seen in The Octonauts and The Pelicans.
- Shellington is very keen on reading and reads his books almost always and everywhere - even at the wheel of the GUP!
- He can (usually) understand the Vegimals.
- He often forgets to mention additional facts to the crew about sea creature's defenses until it happens e.g. Octonauts and the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a.
- Shellington should be able to hold his breath underwater, for five minutes of course. Despite this, he wears a helmet like the others.
- Shellington is one of only two main Octonauts to share a voice actor with another. The other is Professor Inkling.
- In the books, Shellington is sometimes seen brushing his teeth.
- In The Immortal Jellyfish, Shellington starts to become clumsy when he heard about the Immortal Jellyfish. so he started to mess up with the things he needs to bring, and even the Octo-Alert, accidentally saying "Jelly Bay".
- Tunip has nicknamed him "Shellydo".
- Garden Eels
- Bowhead Whales
- Baby Snails
- Platypus Family
- Hammerhead Shark Pups
- Mervin the Microbe