|Tunip the Vegimal|
|Occupation(s):||Chef/Gardener and Leader of the Vegimals|
|Species:||Vegimal (Half vegetable/animal)|
Tunip the Vegimal is the Octonauts' head cook and gardener. He is a Vegimal, a half-animal, half-vegetable creature capable of breathing on land as well as underwater. Tunip is very childish and innocent, always wanting to help the Octonauts in any way he can. He is the smallest main character in the Octonauts crew. Aside from cooking the meals, Tunip works in the garden, cultivating vegetables he can use to cook meals. His two favorite meals are fish biscuits and kelp cakes.
Tunip, like all Vegimals, speaks Vegimalese, which appears to be a heavily-accented form of English with a few bits of gibberish added, which only Shellington can understand (sometimes). Since he was born, his first word was "Chiba Chiba!" (because that's what Vegimals say)’’
Shellington hatched the Vegimals himself, after he found strange eggs one winter. They hatched into the Vegimals we know today!
He may be cute, but sometimes he can get a little silly like all the Vegimals. For example, in some episodes, when something bad happens, Tunip faints (as do the other Vegimals at times). Of all the Vegimals, Tunip is the only one who is a main character. He seems to be the de facto leader of the Vegimals and the most mature of them. He was first seen born in A Vegimals Christmas where he was the main protagonist in the special. Like all the other Vegimals, Tunip loves to sing while he's working.
He and the Vegimals will be the main characters in the episode "The Bullfrogs" from Season 5.
Santa Claus Costume: As seen in a flashback thing in The Very Vegimal Christmas.
- Making food
- Helping Tweak
- Swimming in water
- Ability to breathe in water
- Building and Organizing Plans (Seen in the Very Vegimal Christmas)
- Help Kwazii (Seen in the Octonauts And The Great Barrier Reef)
- Can say "Shellington" Pefectly
If you want to see more pictures of Tunip the Vegimal, See Tunip the Vegimal/Gallery.
- In Octonauts Explore the Great Big Ocean book and The Very Vegimal Christmas episode, it is revealed that he and the other vegimals were found by Shellington as the eggs on the side of the Octopod. It was dangerous to keep the fish eggs outside, so he saved their lives and took them to his lab to study.
- Tunip was able to say Shellington's name perfectly in The Octonauts and the Sea Snakes and the Barracudas.
- It is revealed in The Lion's Mane Jellyfish that he is immune to jellyfish stings, as they intend to tickle him rather than hurt him.